The 5 Most Important Questions I ask my Clients
|Photo courtesy of Copeland Furniture - made in Vermont|
I definitely need a new look and a new perspective in autumn. And, just like my clients who hire me to give their homes a new look, I also need to change up things inside and outside our home.
But in order to change, you first need to know what needs changing. It's hard to prioritize and decide what should stay, what should go or what look in your home needs a re-boot.
So I have to pretend I'm my own client in a way. I have to ask myself the same things I ask my clients. For instance:
- How do you want to use the room or space (indoors or outside)? Do you need more seating, less seating, more space for entertaining perhaps?
- What are the things you love about this room? Is it the light, the fireplace, the colors used on walls and furnishings?
- What are you most dissatisfied with the room? Is it too small, too large, too plain?
- What rooms in Pinterest, House Beautiful or Architectural Digest have you consistently loved? Are you a fan of Ralph Lauren, Miles Redd, Restoration Hardware?
- What is your budget? Are you ready to renovate to the extent of changing floors, opening up a room, or is it more cosmetic with new furniture and new paint colors on the walls?
To help you make a change, I'll share with you my journey in my own 'Autumn Refresh'. I'll start with the first question on the next post. See you then!
Mary Alice Smith of M. A. Smith Interior Design - an interior designer serving New Jersey, Ocean and Monmouth County, the Jersey Shore and metropolitan New York, CT
To schedule an appointment call: 732 608-7583
Allied Member ASID